NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
- Sweepstakes Period:These Official Rules apply to the CarMax #UsainlyFastOffers Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”). The Sweepstakes begins on July 6, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 1, 2021 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
- Eligibility: The Sweepstakes is only open to legal residents of the United States who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence (whichever is greater) at the time of entry. Not open to employees and their families (spouses, parents, children/siblings and their respective spouses, and those living in the same household) of CarMax, their subsidiaries, affiliates, agents, retailers, promotion partners, advertising and production agencies, and PROMOSIS, INC. (“Administrator”). Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s and/or Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right to verify the eligibility of winners.
- To Enter:
- Go to www.usainlyfast.com or www.carmax.com/usainly-fast-offers or follow the directions in any promotion-related social media post, and follow the directions to submit your entry. You must complete all required information to be eligible to enter.
- After submitting your original entry, follow the directions to share a post or email containing the link to the entry page with friends and family, and include #usainlyfastoffers and #sweepstakes in the shared post or email, to earn an additional entry for each referred friend who enters (up to five total).
Limit one (1) original entry and five (5) share entries per person/email address. Multiple entries beyond what’s specified from any person or email address will be void. Entries must be complete to be eligible. Shared social media posts may not include any content that may be deemed obscene, sexual, violent, or offensive and must comply with all terms and community guidelines associated with the applicable social media platform. Shared social media posts must also not infringe on the privacy of any person other than an entrant or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and good will of Sponsor’s brand. Any entries that contain, depict, or show such content and/or that violate these requirements and/or the terms of these Official Rules will be disqualified. The Sponsor and Administrator reserve the right in their sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any entry that they believe is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is participating in this Sweepstakes in any online social media post that is used to obtain entries in connection with this Sweepstakes. At a minimum, the hashtag #sweepstakes should be included in all social media communications sent pursuant to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Sweepstakes while engaging in any online social sharing interaction during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Drawings and Winner Notification:Potential winners will be selected via random drawings from among all eligible entries received by the deadline. Drawings will be conducted on or around August 3, 2021 by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions will be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified via email from Administrator, and will be required to complete an online winner verification within three (3) days of the date of the email notification, or prize will be forfeited. Any potential winner who fails to complete the winner verification or is found to be ineligible will be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from the remaining pool of participants received for the original drawing. A selected potential winner will not be an official winner until eligibility has been formally verified by Administrator. Sponsor and Administrator are not responsible for fraudulent communications made to entrants or potential winners. Odds of winning are dependent upon the number of eligible entries received.
- Prizes: Ten (10) Grand Prizes: a pair of Usain Bolt signed shoes, plus a Usainly Fast hoodie sweatshirt and keychain. The retail value of each Grand Prize = $200. Five hundred (500) First Prizes: a Usainly Fast hoodie sweatshirt. The retail value of each First Prize = $50. Total approximate retail value of all prizes awarded in the Sweepstakes: $27,000. Winners are solely responsible for all applicable taxes on the value of the prize. Limit one (1) prize per person. Prizes may not be substituted, transferred, assigned, or redeemed for cash, in whole or in part; however, Sponsor reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. By accepting a prize, winner agrees to grant to the Sponsor and its promotion partners the right without limitation to use the winner’s name, picture, portrait or likeness, and voice in any future promotional material in any and all media, now known or hereafter devised, without further compensation, where permitted, and that such use can be made without prior inspection or approval of the use of any copy used in connection with it.
Limitationof Liability: Sponsor, Administrator, and their promotion partners and affiliates are not responsible for typographical errors in any Sweepstakes-related materials; for lost, late, misdirected, or incomplete registrations/entries or email; for technical, hardware, software, Internet, or telephone failures of any kind; for lost or unavailable network connections; for viruses; for failed, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions that may limit or interfere with a participant’s ability to take part in the Sweepstakes; or for non-delivery of any prize due to factors beyond Sponsor’s control, including lost, late, or misdirected deliveries or any delay or suspension of service that may affect prize delivery. Entries generated by script, macro, or other automated entry devices are not valid and will be disqualified. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify and seek prosecution of any entrant who disrupts or interferes with the proper play of the Sweepstakes, or acts in violation of these Official Rules in any way. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify Sweepstakes if fraud or technical failure compromises the integrity of the Sweepstakes, or corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If Sweepstakes is canceled for any reason, including but not limited to those stated above, winners will be determined via random drawings from among all eligible entries received up to the time of cancellation, and the potential maximum number of prizes offered will be awarded. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed. Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims. Sponsor and its promotion partners, related companies, agencies, and their respective employees or officers shall not be liable for injury, losses, damages, or costs of any kind resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes, or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant releases and holds harmless and agrees to indemnify Sponsor, Administrator, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotion partners, advertising agencies, public relations agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, and employees (collectively, the “Released Entities”) in connection with this Sweepstakes and hold them harmless from and against any and all costs, claims, damages, (including, without limitation, any special, incidental or consequential damages), or any other injury, whether due to negligence or otherwise, to person(s) or property (including, without limitation, death or violation of any personal rights, such as violation of right of publicity/privacy, libel, or slander), due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, to participation in the Sweepstakes, or acceptance of or use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Instagram, or Facebook, nor are these entities responsible for prize awards. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
- Dispute Resolution: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF MASSACHUSETTS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Massachusetts having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participants' actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Each entrant understands and acknowledges that the Sponsor has wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to his/her online entry(ies) and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsor’s use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsor does not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the online entry(ies). Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsor’s actual or alleged exploitation or use of any online entry(ies) or other material submitted in connection with the Sweepstakes, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the online submission or any material based on or allegedly based on the online entry(ies), and the entrant’s rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
- Winners List:For the names of the major prize winners, available until November 1, 2021, send a standard-size postcard, only, with your name and address to: CarMax #UsainlyFastOffers Sweepstakes Winners List, P.O. Box 38, Marblehead, MA 01945. Do not send any other correspondence to this address.
- Administrator: Promosis, Inc., 18 Prospect Street, Marblehead, MA 01945
- Sponsor: CarMax Business Services, LLC, 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia 23238
©2021 Promosis, Inc. CarMax® is a registered trademark of CarMax Business Services, LLC. All rights reserved.